CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

In Loving Memory



December 17, 2008 Verna Joy Pouslen was once again reunited with her loved ones in Heaven. Although our hearts are broken with this short separation from our Grandma, we are all very thankful she was able to return home for Christmas. One of my most cherished memories of my grandma was tucking her into bed. No matter the amount of family members at the house, Grandma was always serenaded with a special song. We were able to sing it to her when she was tucked into bed for the last time. The words go like this, “Good night sweet heart well it’s time to go. Good night sweet heart well it’s time to go. I hate to leave you but I really must say good night sweet heart good night.” We will love and miss you until we are again reunited. We love you grandma.

7 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

It was a beautiful funeral for a very sweet lady!!

Kristyn said...

I'm sorry about your loss--I know you much you love her! She seems amazing!

Manda said...

I can't wait to celebrate Good Bear's day! Everyone should! it's oct. 27! Love you Grandma Bear!

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Ashleigh,

I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Grandma. What a wonderful example of love and kindness she was to you and those around her. And, what a blessing to know that her love and kindness lives on in all of you! Love you girl!

The Robinson's said...

ok wow!!! i jsut looked at your blog for the first time since the funeral and just balled! thanks! i love the little cutie grandma bear! miss her lots! i love our family...seriously! never will forget Colb and er eating dog treats that night, or morning... whatever it was! love you

HallWalking said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HallWalking said...

K so I removed my other post because i misspelled your name and I hate that! so...
Ashleigh! I randomly found you and your sister while blog stalking! I miss your grandma and family so much!! Hope you are doing well!
Aliesha