CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Heaven

I had an amazing opportunity this summer to go on the trip of a life time. I went to a place called Havasupi, I am not really sure of the spelling, so we will just call it the hauv. I don't know exactly what Heaven is going to be like, but I can only imagine that it will be similar to this miraculous place. It was truly a piece of heaven on earth.




It was an eleven mile backpacking trip into the camp. We started at four in the morning. My sister Somer and I were sharing a flashlight (because I couldn't find mine) so it took us forever to get down the switch backs. The stitch backs were really rocky so you had to be sure of your footing. We had a great time hiking and talking. Somer had a little incident on the trail which I shall not describe in detail here, but let's just say there will always be a part of her on the trail to the Hauv.....



I am not a big camper by any means, but I am so glad I didn't miss out on this opportunity. We had to take all of our belongings on our back, we hiked 11 miles in camped for three nights and hiked 11 miles out. While we were there we saw three different water falls. The first one was Havasupi Falls (I think that what what it was called.) Here are a few pictures of that.....







The second day we went to a different waterfall. This waterfall was located about a half a mile away from our camp. What we didn't know was, we had to practically rock climb to get there. It was really scary, but totally worth it. This next picture is me getting ready to go to the unknown....



When we finally got to the waterfall we were speechless. Not more beautiful than the other one, but different and just as breath taking.



This was a great place to sit and soak up the sun. We stayed there the entire day and just enjoyed the beauty of the earth.



While we were at this waterfall we encountered some interesting people. There was this group of people that stood at the bottom of the waterfall and did some sort of weird yoga or something. They were doing a whole bunch of strange positions, kind of reminded me of some kind of salutation to the sun. This is us trying to imitate those fine friendly folks. Good times....Good times.



All in all it was a fantastic trip. I am so glad that I was able to go and have this wonderful experience. If anyone is interested in going to this place, please let me know and I will give you more information. Also there is one other waterfall that we visited. I don't know where the pictures are, they aren't on my computer. That waterfall was by far my favorite. Anyway hope you all enjoy the post.

4 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

Yea for Havasupai!! I agree, it's just like heaven. We should go when were 50, just to say we did it. Although right now I heard it is washed away. :(

Kristyn said...

Beautiful pics!! I love waterfalls. So...where is this place? Me, I'm not much of a hiker, but I have some family members that might be able to pull me along.

Strawberry Shortcake said...

Oh my Ashaleigh! I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience! What an accomplishment. You are amazing!

Fox Family said...

I have heard about how beautiful it is and have always wanted to go there! You have convinced me - next summer we are going there! Any advice?